Skip to main content

Ouch! That's hot.

Matt.17

[15] Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
[16] And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

Rev.17

[15] And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
[16] And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

belly

 Matthew 12  [40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.  Revelation 10 [ 9 ] And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. [ 10 ] And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. [ 11 ] And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.                                        

this is incredible

 Words cannot express how amazing this matchup is. There are so many strange phrases in the Bible that seem pointless or strangely written. And this matchup explains why some of them exist. Matthew doesn't flow very well. It doesn't transition smoothly between subject matter. It really isn't obvious why the information is there presented the way it is. But when matched up to Revelation it makes much more sense. Not because it makes much more sense, but because it makes much more sense how it's presented. This was all done by God. It seems particularly strange that not one other person on this planet appears to get it. I'm nothing special. as any Christian can tell you we're all sinners that have fallen way short.